Want to use the online services in your car but constantly have to search for an internet connection? That’s why we’ve come up with this special offer of a free data SIM card from our partner Vodafone for every owner of a ŠKODA featuring the Infotainment Online.
A data SIM card is the easiest way to access online services in your car. The card we are offering comes loaded with free internet data for 28 days (or 1 GB), allowing you to explore and enjoy Infotainment Online services to the fullest.
No need to buy your own SIM card or connect to Wi-Fi hotspots when using Infotainment Online services
Infotainment Online services can be used as soon as the car is handed over
The SIM card can be used as a hotspot for your fellow passengers and yourself
The latest 4G technology ensures a faster and more secure connection to the internet
Infotainment Online is part of the ŠKODA Connect services. It extends your navigation capabilities to include features like Online Traffic Information, Weather, News, Petrol Stations, Parking spaces and much more.
1. Visit your ŠKODA dealer and get a free SIM card. The SIM card is supplied together with your new car if it is equipped with ŠKODA Connect services and either the Columbus or Amundsen (with Car Stick) infotainment system. You can also ask for the SIM Card additionally.
2. Register and activate the SIM card on the Vodafone Portal. This process may vary from one country to another. For more information contact the Vodafone partner in your country or check the user guide. (You can get the user guide from your ŠKODA dealer.)
3. Make sure the Infotainment Online services in your car are activated – find out on the ŠKODA Connect Portal. If necessary, activate them via the Portal.
4. You can use the internet for 28 days free of charge (or 1 GB of data, whichever is reached first). The data can be used both for Infotainment Online services and as a Wi-Fi hotspot.
5. After the initial data has been used up, you can easily renew the data plan via the Vodafone Portal in order to continue using the internet in the car.
6. If you encounter problems with the SIM card (e.g. if it does not work properly), please consult the Vodafone partner in your country
Check out the list of countries where you can get the free data SIM card.
Belgium, Finland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands (only for new vehicle deliveries equipped with Columbus navigation), Spain, United Kingdom
For more information contact your ŠKODA dealer.