Thank you for using ŠKODA One App provided by ŠKODA AUTO a.s., with its registered head office at 869 tř. Václava Klementa, Mladá Boleslav II, 293 01 Mladá Boleslav, Czech Republic (hereinafter referred to as "ŠKODA AUTO"). ŠKODA AUTO is a member of the Volkswagen Group, and was established under Czech law.
Force and purpose
As a member of the Volkswagen Group, ŠKODA AUTO makes it possible for all of its customers (hereinafter referred to as "Users") to use accessed contents and functions under these Terms and Conditions of Use and other generally applicable legislation throughout the period of operation of this application. ŠKODA AUTO has issued these Terms and Conditions of Use, and by using ŠKODA One App (hereinafter referred to as the "Application") you acknowledge them and undertake to comply with them without reservations.
Safety and limited use
- When using this Application, Users are required to comply with the respective national traffic rules, e.g. the obligation to fully concentrate on driving, in line with the defined territorial scope of its use. The User acknowledges that they are always obliged to concentrate on driving while using the Application, and that as the driver of the vehicle concerned they are fully responsible for traffic safety. Moreover, they acknowledge that when using the Application in their vehicle, it is always necessary to check that their phone is properly secured in the holder to prevent the phone from getting loose and causing damage to human health or property.
- Further, the User acknowledges that the "0-100km/h acceleration measurement" function that is part of the Application may only be used on closed roads with no traffic and in straight road sections with good visibility. ŠKODA AUTO shall not be held liable for any damage caused by dangerous oversteering, overloading the engine or any other activities that are not in line with the declared and usual manner of using the vehicle.
- The use of the Application and the required data connection may be subject to charges and fees. The scope of the offered applications and their functions depends on the type of infotainment system, type of vehicle and the country concerned.
Amendment to the Terms and Conditions of Use and the application content
- ŠKODA AUTO reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions of Use in a manner acceptable for the User and exclusively with future effect. The User will be explicitly informed of any amendment to the Terms and Conditions of Use through the Application, and will be requested to express their consent to the amended Terms and Conditions of Use. The User is required to always comply with the latest version of the Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Further, ŠKODA AUTO reserves the right, at any time, to extend or reduce the content and scope of the Application services and change the Application-related functions. In particular, considering the speed at which the Internet is developing, ŠKODA AUTO needs to continuously adapt and update the Application in terms of its technical aspects and content.
- As ŠKODA AUTO offers the Application to all registered Users free of charge and all Users are provided with the same standard of service and care, any further use of the Application by a User that has not granted their consent to amendments to the Terms and Conditions of Use or changes made to the Application is not possible.
The Application is part of ŠKODA AUTO's intellectual property, and when using the Application, the User is obliged to comply with copyrights, name & brand protection rights, and any other rights of ŠKODA AUTO, the Volkswagen Group and third parties (in particular personality rights, including the personality protection right). Users are not allowed to use the Application in conflict with these Terms and Conditions of Use and/or relevant provisions of generally applicable legislation. The User is obliged to refrain from unauthorised use of the Application; in particular, without prior written consent from ŠKODA AUTO, the User is not allowed to integrate the Application or any part thereof into other web offers, whether private or commercial, and is not allowed to use the Application for commercial purposes and adapt or copy the Application or any part thereof.
References to possible law infringement and inadmissible contents
- ŠKODA AUTO respects all third party rights and the law in force. The User of this Application is required to do the same.
- Should the User come to believe that the Application content infringes their rights, third-party rights, these Terms and Conditions of Use or the law in force, they are kindly requested by ŠKODA AUTO to immediately inform the Editorial Board, using the contact form in the Application.
In connection with the above, ŠKODA AUTO requests the User to provide the following information:
Identification data of the person/entity suspected of illegal use of the Application; description/identification of the content concerned and its placement on the website.
If a suspicion exists that the contents of a User's entry infringes any copyrights, personality rights or brand protection rights, it is necessary, if possible, to provide the following information: description of the alleged law infringement, information about the placement of the content in question in ŠKODA AUTO's Application, relevant document to prove the ownership of the right concerned, and complete and correct name, address and contact data of the person reporting the suspicion.
- ŠKODA AUTO reserves the right to temporarily block the entry concerned and exclude such User from further use of the Application immediately after receiving information under paragraph b of this Article. No other rights of the Volkswagen Group and ŠKODA AUTO shall be affected by the above actions, particularly the right to use available civil-law and penal-law resources to protect their rights or third-party rights
The Application and/or third parties may provide links to websites and/or other sources. As a member of the Volkswagen Group, ŠKODA AUTO is not the owner of the aforementioned website addresses or other sources referred to, and is therefore not responsible for the content accessed on such sites.
Operation of the Application and exclusion of guarantees
- As a member of the Volkswagen Group, ŠKODA AUTO makes every effort to ensure smooth operation and functionality of the Application. Yet ŠKODA AUTO cannot guarantee that the technical functionality of the Application will always be trouble-free and that the telecom network required for trouble-free data transmissions will always be available. The functionality of the Application may be negatively influenced by the quality of internet connection and/or mobile signal. The Application is dependent on availability of services provided by third parties.
- Any and all Application-related technical data shown on the display are just indicative, and no compensation for any losses or any direct or indirect damage can be required with reference to the displayed technical data and the use of the Application. In particular, no responsibility is established in cases where the Application or any part thereof is not functional or available or insufficiently available or functional.
ŠKODA AUTO's liability
- ŠKODA AUTO is liable for damages caused by wilful conduct or gross negligence, and is responsible for what ŠKODA AUTO has expressly guaranteed. ŠKODA AUTO's liability for any indirect damages (including lost profits) is excluded.
- ŠKODA AUTO's liability as the Application operator outside this framework is excluded. In particular, ŠKODA AUTO shall not be held liable for technical defects the root cause of which lies outside the scope of ŠKODA AUTO's liability and also for damages caused by force majeure. Further, ŠKODA AUTO does not assume any liability for the correctness, quality, completeness, reliability, type and relevance or trustworthiness of contents contributed to the Application by third parties. The User is explicitly informed that they use third-party contents placed on this platform at their own risk, rely on such contents at their own risk, and shall not assert any warranty or defect liability claims against ŠKODA AUTO and/or third parties.
- Further, ŠKODA AUTO is not liable for entries downloaded by the User or accessed in any other manner, if their content infringes third party rights and ŠKODA AUTO is not aware of that and, in the event of damage compensation claims, if ŠKODA AUTO is not aware of any facts or circumstances giving rise to infringement of third party rights, or if ŠKODA AUTO has taken measures, without undue delay, to remove such right-infringing content or deny access to such content as soon as ŠKODA AUTO learned of the existence of such content.
Confidentiality; data protection
- ŠKODA AUTO's ambition is to achieve the highest possible degree of Users' privacy in using the Application in and outside the vehicle, considering it vital that Users feel safe when using the Application.
- ŠKODA AUTO collects, processes and uses personal data of Application Users exclusively in compliance with generally applicable legislation, and these data must not be provided to any third party without express consent from the User concerned. For more information about ŠKODA AUTO data protection policies see the Company's statement.
- The use of the Application involves the collection and use of vehicle data, such as current vehicle location based on GPS data. These data can be used to establish reference to a particular person using the vehicle. These data are collected and processed exclusively for contract performance purposes, unless you provide express consent to using such data outside this framework, e.g. for advertising purposes. Data sharing for contract performance purposes takes place e.g. in cases where the vehicle's locations or maps are to be requested through Google Maps or Google Places services provided by Google Inc. („Google“), or through Apple Maps, Foursquare or Open Weather Map services, if applicable.
Use of Google Analytics
- This Application uses the Google Analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as "Google"). The Google Analytics service uses cookie files. Information about the use of the website and the contents of the cookie file will be transferred to and saved on servers in the US by Google. Google will use this information for the sake of reviewing the use of the website and producing website activity reports for its operators, as well as for the sake of providing other services relating to operations performed on the website and the use of the Internet in general. Google may provide this information to third parties, if such disclosure is required by law or if such third parties process this information for Google.
- The Google Analytics service is extended with related advertising functions provided to Google, namely: Overviews of visitor figures in Google's advertising network; Remarketing (adverts viewed within the network based on products viewed); Extended demographic reports (anonymous demographic data reporting). More information about the processing and use of data is available in Google's contractual terms and conditions.
- Blocking Google Analytics If the User wishes to disable the sending of anonymous statistics using the Google Analytics tool, they can use a plugin provided by Google towards this end. The User has to download this plugin and install it properly into their browser.
Final provisions, applicable law, jurisdiction
- The use of the Application content and these Terms and Conditions of Use are governed by Czech law, except for conflict-of-law provisions. Application of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) is excluded.
- The court determined by the location of the ŠKODA AUTO a.s. head office will have jurisdiction over any disputes.
Transparency and communication both inside and outside the Volkswagen Group are taken for granted. Important information about ŠKODA AUTO and the Company's contact data are available on ŠKODA AUTO's website.
Head office address
869 tř. Václava Klementa, Mladá Boleslav II, 293 01 Mladá Boleslav
Identification (Registration) No.: 00177041
VAT No.: CZ00177041
ŠKODA AUTO a.s. is registered in the Commercial Register
administered by the Municipal Court in Prague, File No. Rg. B 332.
Customer Care Department contact data
T +420 326 8 16111
T +420 800 600 000